S'mores Bars

So today, oddly enough, my 16-year-old son dragged himself out of digital-land long enough to create these extremely tasty s'mores bars.  We had a bonfire one night and had tons of stuff left over so he was playing around with it, making a dip, etc.  The bars were the end result of his experimentation and I'm writing a blog post about them to keep myself from sneaking back into the kitchen to have another one.  I did sneak a small bite as I took the picture, but don't tell anyone...


S'mores Bars
6 regular-sized Hershey's Milk Chocolate Bars
(I'm assuming you know exactly what size I'm referring to)
8 large marshmallows
1/2 cup of milk
12-14 graham carckers, broken in to 1/2" pieces.

Using a double boiler, melt the chocolate bars and marshmallows, stirring continuously (very important.)  These kind of things take special attention otherwise you end up with a dried up fresco painting.  After everything is nice and gooey, add the milk and let it all mix together.  I kind of zipped in and out of the kitchen during this part and he was being very attentive!  I also helped him break the graham crackers up into pieces.  I try not to hover, but that was just too much for my OCD to handle.  I'll let you manage yours on your own...BUT be sure not to get them too big, and try not to squeeze them so that all you have is fine dust instead of small cracker bits and you really do have to break them by hand, no putting them in a zip-loc and smashing them.  Ok, now I'll let you manage it on your own...

Spread butter over the bottom and sides of a pan, not too big of a pan because this doesn't make a huge amount. 

I left the house at this point to deliver the other child to an activity.  I came home and opened the fridge and there they were...waiting.  They taste exactly like s'mores minus the charred marshmallow (which I love btw.)  So I would say this recipe would make about 8-10 medium sized bars.  I really don't know because, during this past hour, we've all been sneaking into the fridge and cutting off bite-sized pieces and acting like we were just looking for something...

Designed by FlexyCreatives