How to Hang a Thick Picture Frame



Ikea has these great one inch thick photo frames for $1.99 so I bought 4 for my kids' photos.








However, I didn't look very closely at them during my shopping euphoria and therefore, didn't see that hanging these was not going to be a simple task.









I looked through my toolbox and found some size 8d 2-1/2" nails and #8-10x1 plastic anchors.  I popped a hole in the drywall by hammering an #8 screw in.  I hammered in the anchor then hammered in the nail.  I had to hammer the nail in to pop it through the anchor.







I found that if you don't hammer the nail all the way in as far as you need it, there's room for your hand behind the frame as you try to fit the nail head into the bracket.  After you make that connection, gently push the frame against the wall.








Very easy, it only took me 10 minutes to hang four frames!  If you try this, let me know how it works for you OR if you have another idea, please share~Happy Hanging! 




  1. Good tips! I know, IKEA sure puts me in a shopping coma, too! Thanks for sharing at Pinworthy Projects.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a good tip to know!
    I have nominated your blog for the Liebster award.
    If you want to head over to my blog you can check it out
    http://happyandharried.wordpress.com/2013/03/08/the-liebster-award/

    ReplyDelete

Designed by FlexyCreatives